How to upgrade a Shopify theme without loosing settings in the theme?
To upgrade a Shopify theme without loosing the settings, please follow the instruction below:
- Go to your ThemeForest account then re-download and re-install the theme. Now you will have 2 themes (one is old, and one is new)
- In the old theme, please go to Edit HTML/CSS > Config > settings_data.json > copy overall content of this file
- In the new theme > Edit HTML/CSS > Config > settings_data.json > delete overall content of this file and paste the new content here
- Go to the new theme > Customize theme > upload your images again, such as slideshow images, brand images...
- Review the new version before publishing